Sleep is very important for our body as it occupies 1/3 part of our life. A good night’s sleep is incredibly important for your health. In fact, it’s just as important as eating healthy and exercising. Unfortunately, there’s a lot that can interfere with natural sleep patterns. People are now sleeping less than they did in the past, and sleep quality has decreased as well.
Nowadays, sleep deprivation has become a very serious problem in people’s life :
- Optimize your bedroom environment- If the room has any type of light, it will be difficult to sleep. Therefore, if you do not create a sleep-friendly environment, you will have difficulty sleeping.
- Reduce blue light exposure in the evening- As far as possible, do not use television, cell phone, laptop etc. till late at night, try to fall asleep and to lie comfortably on a soft bed or on a comfortable bed, concentrate your mind so that you can sleep well and early.
- Try to sleep and wake at consistent times- Try to get into a regular sleep/wake cycle, especially on the weekends. If possible, try to wake up naturally at a similar time every day.
- Get a comfortable bed, mattress, and pillow- Your bed, mattress, and pillow can greatly affect sleep quality and joint or back pain.
- Exercise regularly- Exercise is one of the best science-backed ways to improve your sleep and health. Regular exercise during daylight hours is one of the best ways to ensure a good night’s sleep.
Along with nutrition and exercise, good sleep is one of the pillars of health. You simply cannot achieve optimal health without taking care of your sleep. Good sleep is linked to countless health benefits and the lack of it is known to cause significant short-and long-term problems. Make rest a priority!!
Disclaimer: The information and ideas expressed in the above mentioned blog belong solely to Dr. Ashish Kumar Srivastava in his personal capacity. Because of unique individual needs, the reader should consult their physician to determine the appropriateness of the information for the reader’s situation. The views expressed are his own and do not necessarily represent the views of Ceragem India.