Disclaimer – The information of this blog is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content including text & images contained is for general information purposes only. Ceragem makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Source – The content is taken from Dr Ashish Kumar Shrivastava, Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon video. This is totally Dr Ashish’s general health tip. In case of serious injury, kindly consult the representative expert or physician.
Drinking water, hot or cold, keeps your body healthy and hydrated. Drinking hot water gives us a general feeling that we are healthy.
If you have watched some of my old videos in which I have told about body temperature, so in those videos, I have told you that if the Body Temperature is increased by 1°C above normal, like the baby in the mother’s womb.
Then, the body remains very healthy. Many body functions work better.
- Relieve nasal congestion: A cup of hot water creates steam. Holding a cup of hot water and taking a deep inhale of this gentle vapor may help loosen clogged sinuses and even relieve a sinus headache.
- Helps in digestion: Drinking water helps to keep the digestive system moving. As the water moves through your stomach and intestines, the body is better able to eliminate waste.
- Body detoxification: Natural health advocates argue that hot water might help the body detoxify. When water is hot enough to raise a person’s body temperature, it can cause sweating. Sweating expels toxins and can help clean the pores.
- Weight loss: Raising water temperature to 98.6 degrees accounted for 40 percent of the increase in metabolism. This metabolic step-up lasted for 30-40 minutes, following water consumption.
- Helps in Constipation: One of the benefits of warm water is that it can help with constipation. Drinking warm water helps to stimulate the digestive system and can promote bowel movements. Warm water can also help to soften stools, making them easier to pass. Additionally, staying hydrated with warm water can help to prevent constipation from occurring in the first place.
- Play a major role in Cold Weather: Hot water benefits also include reduced shivering in cold weather. When the body is exposed to cold temperatures, it can start to shiver as a way to generate heat and keep the body warm. However, drinking hot water can help to raise the body’s internal temperature, which reduces the need for shivering
- Improves Circulation: Improved circulation is another benefit of drinking hot water. The warmth of hot water can help to dilate blood vessels, which in turn, increases blood flow and oxygen supply to the body’s tissues and organs. Improved circulation can help to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, promote healthy skin and improve overall bodily function
- Benefits of Drinking Hot Water Before Sleep: Hot water can promote relaxation and reduce stress levels, which can help to improve sleep quality. Additionally, it can help to soothe a sore throat or cough, which can disrupt sleep. Drinking hot water can also aid digestion and prevent stomach discomfort or bloating, which can also interfere with sleep.
Side Effects of Drinking Hot Water
While there are several benefits of drinking hot water, it also has some potential side effects, which include:
- Burns or scalds if the water is too hot.
- Dehydration if consumed in excess.
- Discomfort or pain if drinking hot water aggravates existing digestive issues such as acid reflux or gastritis.
- Increased risk of dental erosion if the water is too hot and consumed frequently.
- Reduced absorption of certain nutrients if consumed too close to meals.
But with every good thing, precautions should be taken. Precaution is that takes hot water as much as you can bear. Drinking hot water all at once can cause damage to our food pipe or intestines.
So, in the daily activities of your life, if you start taking a little hot water, then this will be more beneficial to your health.